Aztec

Friday, July 20, 2012

Waiting

I was trolling the 'blog-iverse' tonight looking for crafty diy projects to add to my ever growing to-do list. I found a blog tonight that made me take a good hard look at myself. The woman had lost her Lego loving 12 year old son in a tragic accident. While reading and literally sobbing through the story of that night and the days and months that followed, it occurred to me how little time I actually spend with my kids. Sure I am there to drive them to school and sports, to play dates and doctors appointments. But how much time do I devote to them? It made me think of how just tonight Ethan asked me to lay in bed with him, my answer was the standard, "not tonight". What was I doing that was so important? The answer is laundry. Now could that wait, yes, absolutely. And that is exactly what it or anything else that I might need to get done is going to do, wait. WAIT until my baby has fallen asleep while I lay with him or wait until Aidan has fallen asleep while I rub his back. Those are the moments that I will not be able to get back and I want to be able to cherish every single one. So for now the laundry can wait, it isn't as important as the memories I will make with my boys. So the next time you swing by and my house is a mess, just remember there's a good reason why, we are making memories to last a lifetime. *On a side note this was not meant to be a sad and depressing post. The woman (who shall remain anonymous, until I get the ok from her) to publish her name, is truly an inspiration. Her love for Christ and her family leaves me in awe. So check back soon, hopefully I will have a link to her blog so you can read all about this amazing woman, and her journey.


Update:  The Blog I mentioned above is, An Inch of Grey.  Follow her here:  http://aninchofgray.blogspot.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment